Monday 6 August 2007

KPE Episode 101 - "Watercress Tuna"

"Watercress Tuna and the Children of Champion Street by Patricia Grace.
This episode was podcast by Leander and Brennah from Room 14.
In this story an unusual tuna with a magic throat leaps out of his stream and visits a number of children in Champion Street in Wellington. As he visits each house he gives a child and article of clothing for dancing or a musical instrument. Then the children all come out onto the street and dance together with the tuna.
Tuna is the Maori word for eel.
Leander says this was an interesting book because the tuna gives the children things from their own culture. We had to find out a lot about different cultures to make this podcast. Luckily we had people in our school from most of the cultures in the story and they helped us. The rest we looked up on Google.
We hope you enjoy this story too.

1 comment:

  1. That book was interesting. I wish a tuna came to my house and gave me an instrument from my culture. I wish I had that book. I would like to keep it.

    ReplyDelete