Sunday 26 August 2007

KPE Episode 136 - Whitebait Fritters

"Whitebait Fritters" by Kingi McKinnon.
Leauma has read this book and Sam is his DJ. These boys are in Room 17. This is the story of a boy and his Dad who go on a fishing trip for the weekend to the Waikato River. Wiremu's father is going whitebaiting - and Wiremu wants to go too. His father thinks he is too young and may fall in the river. Then Mum takes Wiremu's side and his father gives in. But his father's turns out to be right about the falling in. As Leauma says in his podcast, this book has lots of fishing, lots of cooking, lots of eating- perfect for boys!
What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Hey Leauma nice book and Sam nice D.J .I wish that i was a podcaster just like you Leauma.LATERS.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great podcast you guys.It was very clear speaking.I really like eating fish to.Anyway great podcast by the way.
    Xeneqe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new fan of the podcasts done at Pt England. It's wonderful that you are able to reach so many people in so many countries and spread the word about New Zealand books. You are an inspiration for other schools and all of us to get podcasting and to read more. Becuase of your enthusiasm and skills in this exciting new medium I would be keen to drop by the school and learn more about podcasting from the Pt England experts and use new ways of communicating.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Mr Hubbard, Mayor of Auckland.

    Thanks for your encouraging comments. I hope you like my podcasts. Reading books and recording podcasts is awesome. It is a great way to get kids reading.

    I can't email from home so I'm writing this to you after school. My dad's picking me up know so I have to go.

    See you on Wednesday
    Leauma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Leauma nice voice you have got i really wish that i could do a podcast with that book

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,Another podcast Leauma bro your doing lots?Of course your podcast was very intertaining.Anyway was it fun to listen to.Your book looked very interesting.Keep up the good work.From Shenice

    ReplyDelete