Tuesday 30 June 2009

KPE Episode 232: Ron Bacon Books

In this episode of KPE Gaby and Maree from Room 17 discuss two books they have read by the same author, Ron Bacon.
"Pania the Woman from the Sea" and "How Weaving Came".
These are both retellings of Maori legends and the girls discover a surprising number of similarities between the two stories. have a listen and see what you think.
If you are a Ron Bacon fan you will discover several more of his books that our Pt England students have podcast, including "A Mouse Singing in the Reeds", "Banjo Man" and "The Clay Boy".


3 comments:

  1. Hi Gaby and Maree, What an interesting approach you have taken for this podcast. I really enjoyed they way you compared and contrasted the two books by Ron Bacon. He does seem to enjoy writing about traditional tales doesn't he? Well done. I do hope you are working on your next one!
    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaby and Maree, I like the way you carefully explaing some of the Maori terms and names in your story - especially seeing that we have a lot of listeners from around the world. I especially was interested in the story of Pania. I taught the Pt England Senior School an old Maori song about Pania. It's one of my favourites. Maybe I could teach you both the song. Looking forward to your next podcast girls.
    Meitaki!
    Mrs Tele'a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gabby and Maree.
    That is a cool podcast and I like all those pictur as well.
    I like how you spoke really claerly and it is very intersing too.
    like to see more,Keep the graet work up.

    ReplyDelete