Tuesday 31 January 2012

KPE Episode 410: "Kaimanawa Princess"



This is Litia's final podcast for Korero Pt England as she is going to St Cuthberts College in 2012.  She has chosen to review "Kaimanawa Princess by Dianne Haworth and Shoal is her interviewer.   This book is based on a true story. The main character is an eleven year old girl, called Becky, who lives in the Bay of Plenty in NZ and at the beginning she is choosing her first horse. But these aren’t just any horses, they are wild Kaimanawa horses that are use to living in the mountains, and roaming free. They had been rounded up and were getting sold.
     Inspired by a true life story, Dianne Haworth has woven a moving and inspiring story of love and courage, and the bond between a young girl and her pony.  When the department of Conservation announced plans to cull the wild Kaimanawa herds, some unlikely bedfellows found themselves locked into a desperate fight to save the horses.  When a young girl stood beside the desert road in protest, her inspiring stand moved hearts and changed her own life, when a shy black and white mare looked to her for help - and paid back her debt in love and devotion.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Shoal and Litia,

    Wow!! That was a great podcast of your own. I love the way how you told us all about the book and what it's about. That sounds like a great book you have read Litia. One Day I should try and find it at the Library. Keep it up girls I can't wait to hear more from you.

    Sela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shoal & Litia,

    WOW!!! That is the best podcast that I have seen out of all podcast I have watched. I loved the way you spoke in the video. Do you like reading that book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shoal and Litia,

    That was such a great story. It was very moving. I really want to find out if the horses get saved and I also want to read the other people's point of view. If something like that happened I would really want to help. I hope I can read the book sometime. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shoal and Litia
    what a nice podcast you have keep up
    the great work nice job.

    ReplyDelete