Friday 3 December 2010

KPE Episode 334: "The Witches"

This Roald Dahl classic tells the scary, funny and imaginative tale of a seven-year-old boy who has a run-in with some real-life witches! In fairy tales witches always wear silly black hats and black cloaks and they ride on broomsticks. But this is not a fairy tale. This is about REAL WITCHES. REAL WITCHES dress in ordinary clothes and look very much like ordinary women. They live in ordinary houses and they work in ordinary jobs. That is why they are so hard to catch. Witches, as our hero learns, hate children. With the help of a friend and his somewhat-magical grandmother, our hero tries to expose the witches before they dispose of him.
Check out what Kade and Matthew R from Room 17 have to say about this famous book.

4 comments:

  1. My name is Sheena Nettles. I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at University of South Alabama. I thought that this video was so cute. Both of the boys read with passion and feeling. I think that it is so wonderful that you are training them while they are young.

    My blog URL is nettlessheenaedm310.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, boys! My name is Mary-Katelin, I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I think it is great how you are already learning how to use podcast and videos. This will come in handy for your future! Great job, guys! I enjoyed watching and listening to you both! You can see my blog at mcferrinmkedm310.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, that was a great job on your video and I was very impressed by it. I am a student at University of South Alabama in Dr.Strange's EDM 310 class and hope to see more of your future videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys I forgot to leave my link to my blog its http://nelsonduaneedm310.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete